How To Play Jumanji Board Game? – Mechanics And Steps
Did you see it from the movie? Huh, we guessed it right! Unfortunately, that movie with The Rock is derived from the board game, ‘90s movie, and book itself, not the other way around. This recent movie actually came from an original film from 1995 starring Robin Williams – which spurted the release of the once fictional game.
Jumanji, the board game, has been a pop cult for quite some time since its conception. With its popularity, many gatherings of family or friends cannot be complete without playing this game. So, how to play Jumanji Board game?
In this article, we will tell you the mechanics and steps of this game, so you can finally catch up with the ever-growing fan-base of this franchise.
Jumanji is excellent for 2 to 4 players, but you will enjoy this best with an entire group of 4. Your goal as a player here is to reach the board’s center and be the first one to yell “Jumanji!”
Things You Need
- Jumanji Game Board
- Rhino, Elephant, Crocodile, Monkey pawns
- Experience cards
- Red decoder plate
- Salvage dices
Steps in Playing Jumanji, the Board Game
- Gather your players and spread the board out evenly. While making sure the red decoder plate is set, dole out now each pawn for the players. The players must place their pawns to the board’s edge that matches their shade. Finally, everyone must take one of the salvage dice.
- Put the heap of experience cards, facing down, on the right half of the board.
- Select which player goes first and have them roll the development kick the bucket (DKTB), and move their pawn as intended.
- Follow the action directed by the space that you have arrived. A clear one means you must draw an experience card and place it in the decoder ring - to read the short message. All the other players should now roll their dice simultaneously next to turning over the clock. When all the other players roll an hourglass or synchronize their card to their salvage dice, they will then move ahead with the spaces on the card. When alternate players are neglecting to "protect" the roller, the player who at first moved should move back by the units intended on the experience card. Then, the card is fixed on the doomsday matrix’s vacant spaces.
- If you are on a rhino space, put the rhino before another player. This player is now blocked on their turn unless they would have a significant number. If that blocked player goes in reverse, the rhino will move with them.
- Give the DKTB to the player on your left if you arrive on a “5 or 8”. This player should now try to roll a 5 or an 8. If they succeed, the turn closes. If they don't, move your pawn back once. Then, the DKTB goes to one side, and the next player will also try to roll. This goes until a 5 or 8 comes up. The player who got on the "5 or 8" space won’t get the chance to roll.
- Get an experience card if you get on a circle or "wilderness" and then place it under the decoder ring. All players must try to coordinate the thing inside as set by the clock. If they fail, this card is set on doomsday, and a new one is drawn. This goes until all players coordinate, upon which everyone pushes their pieces.
- Reach the board’s center as quickly as possible, and you'll win! If the doomsday matrix fills before any player achieves this, the game closes and must start again.
And that’s how to play Jumanji board game. Get yours now and invite your friends to play this awesome board game! Don't get too swayed as you might yell "Jumanji!" wherever you are.